I just got an 05 mustang gt what is a good first performance part i should get for a diesent price? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I just got an 05 mustang gt what is a good first performance part i should get for a diesent price?

CAI and a tuner are best bang for the buck with the S197 cars. The factory exhaust is actually quite decent from a performance standpoint and doesn't start to become a bottleneck until you are near 450-500 HP. Typically aftermarket mufflers offer very little gains in these cars and are mostly used to change the way the car sounds more than anything else.
macdaibhidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I just got an 05 mustang gt what is a good first performance part i should get for a diesent price?

Depends on your definition of "decent". Start with some bolt-ons first.

-Cold air intake (roughly 8hp gain or so and looks good)
-BBK shorty headers and Flowmaster mufflers (roughly 20-25hp gain and great sound!)
-Lower rear end gears, ex. 373's (no hp gain but significantly quicker acceleration for a decent price)
-Short throw shifter (quicker shifts = faster acceleration)

Hope that helps!
wicleah26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

a jlp cold air kit with a tune is worth 20 rwhp and then a set of bbk equal length shorty headers and a good cat back system should yeild another 25-35 rwhp.
abiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

a good cold air intake would be a good start. Or possibly some exhaust work but cold air is nicer
raimondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Cars gotta breathe... Intake.
riordain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

plugs ans wires
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion