What would be a nice, agressive sounding custom exhaust system? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What would be a nice, agressive sounding custom exhaust system?

For a 2005 - 2008 Ford Mustang V6?
Custom as in like Magnaflow Tips, with Flowmaster Mufflers and just mix it all up.
Something that will make my V6 roar like a GT??
but not too expensive??
just a list of different makes and parts and how much they willl cost me a piece would be GREAT !!!!

thank you so much.
anselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Mustang V6? That car should already be making ALOT of noise, even without any modifications. Man That's a sexy car!!

Anyways going back to the question, well its a ford mustang, It just HAS to have a loud noise coming out of it, IT'S a angry, tough and wild car, and without loud exhaust noise, you're taking away one of the best feature of the car.

I've got a Zetec Fiesta, and I put a new exhaust back box and tip. And to be honest the exhaust sound is so loud my mom can hear me coming home from the other side of the city.

But remember, my car is a Zetec Fiesta(08 plate), theres a s gap between mine and your car.

For a mustang, i would recommend a big-bore exhaust trim.

have a look at this website, i bought alot of accessories they also got a BIG selection of different type of exhust pipes:
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts.../10A50209.aspx

Hope that helped!
broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Alright my personal opinion on exhaust is that too loud just gets really annoying. i have full induction and exhaust done to my gt and i have magnaflows and they are a nice mellow sound when cruising but roar when you get into the higher rpms. I would recommend getting some slp which are just stupid loud if that's what you are looking for or get flow masters. i used to have flows and i loved them but they personally got old to me caused the sound was to raspy. but i think i was the only one out there that hated them, everyone else was pissed that i took them off. here are some good sights to look at.
Americanmuscle.com
stangmods.com
rpmoutlet.com
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 04:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'd get some shorty headers and convert it to dual exhaust. You can most likely find a kit on the Ford Racing website.
I'd also check out Mustangexhaust.com.
Some Magnaflows would sound pretty nice.
Good luck!
wicleah26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

one thing V6 compared to a V8 for exhaust sound will not happen. Check summit racing I am almost sure that there are cat back systems that are for the V6 that sounds good but not like a V8 with aftermarket exhaust.
brawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Hello,
Visit your local muffler shop and i!m sure they can help you in selecting the tone you would like to have on your pony.

good luck
j z
redvers is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust