Help with Flowmaster 40 series on a 2006 Ford Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Help with Flowmaster 40 series on a 2006 Ford Mustang?

I have just ordered a Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 Series Offset Muffler for my 2006 Ford Mustang. I was looking for anybody who has purchased a Flowmaster 40 series for a Mustang model after 2004. I was wondering what brackets any of you have used or ordered for the installation of this because the stock muffler's brackets are welded onto the muffler itself. Or if you cut this weld and re-welded it to the new muffler. I just wanted to know this before it comes in incase i need to order new brackets.

Also, if you can remember what particular exhaust tip you put on and how it fit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you!
korey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Help with Flowmaster 40 series on a 2006 Ford Mustang?

The muffler should fit the factory brackets or come with the needed brackets in the kit.

The brackets do not need to be welded on if they are not, they can be mechanically clamped on.

The exhaust sysytem pipes are welded so there is no exhaust leaks.

I have installed a cheery bomb glass pack muffler on my 1974 Gran Torino and used muffler clamps since I could not weld.

Flowmaster will sell the special exhaust tips, or you can go to an auto supply store to get them. Either get outter diameter of the muffler or take it in to get a tip to match.
Nevyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion