What car is better overall for what i want to do? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What car is better overall for what i want to do?

i have a '94 pontiac grand am se coupe that has a lot of problems and i might be getting a new car for christmas and was wondering which car is better between these:
2006-2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1994-2004 Ford Mustang GT/Cobra
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2002 Pontiac Trans Am/Firebird Formula
2005-2006 Pontiac GTO
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1993 Mazda RX7
2006 Misubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
or possibly if u have any other suggestions for a car (would prefer it to be used because i looked at a lot of new cars and didn't like them as much)
the requirements that i have are:
powerful enough to beat other vehicles for money in a race (drag races with rolling starts/dead starts and possibly road races, but mostly drag) to help pay for different things (insurance, gas, upgrades, maintenance, ext.)
reliable/good quality
low mileage
good looking
lots of performance upgrades/aftermarket parts available
manual transmission
not too old (<19 yrs) and not more than $35,000 (i don&#039;t have the money my grandparents do so don&#039;t say stuff like get this and buy all of these things for it with the left over money)

thank you for taking ur time to read my question and if u are answering it thank you again
and i would like ur honest opinion about these cars and any others u have suggested or r going to suggest and please be specific about the cars u suggest
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

At this stage, used 2008 Evo Xs can be purchased for as little as $32,000, and they can put the motor on just about anything on your list.

But the MazdaSpeed3 might make another interesting choice.. In factory trim, it&#039;s down about 30 horses and 20 lb-ft of torque. But it&#039;s also 400 lbs lighter.

Brand new, it&#039;s cheaper than a used Evo, but there still are plenty of tuner parts.
culloden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I say either one of the STI&#039;s or the Evo. If you don&#039;t like those 2, I would suggest a 350. They have an extensive aftermarket, come with around 300 hp to start, and they&#039;re RWD. IMO, wIth fuel prices, theres no need for a V8. And def no to the Neon. If they weren&#039;t FWD it would be another story.
sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

the GTO!
my sister has a 2006, it easily goes 120mph.
they have a g8 gxp (pontiac) coming out though.. it should be under 35k, it is supposed to have 402 horse power. the gto has 400

hope this helps
rashane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

possess as much information as you could maybe is one of the options,however it is quite time consuming,here http://www.CarInsuranceTip.info/free-car-insurance.htm is the resource i have ever had good experience.
varney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

good luck
sidney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

You have a lot of cars on your list. I suggest you go to your local library and look at the April 2008 issue of Consumer Reports magazine, which has an entire section on which car makes/models/year are best -- and which are the worst. Some models are on their "cars to avoid" list due to a high number of problems. This kind of information is invaluable for anyone buying a car.
breandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

if ur looking for a fast car then learn how to find the weight to power ratio of a car. (divide the weight in pounds by the power in hp: make sure u use the same units when comparing cars.) if a car weighs 2000 lbs and has 200 hp then the ratio is 10 lbs/hp. it means that 1 hp will be used to push 10 lbs. if you have the same car with 400 hp then the ratio is 5 lbs/hp. 1 hp will be used to push 5 lbs. the lower the number the better. the mitsubish evolution has a narrow body style. i suggest u get a car that looks wide because it looks better. i would get either the gto or the mustang.
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion