How reliable are Ford Mustangs? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How reliable are Ford Mustangs?

Hello,

I have always fancied the Ford Mustang Bullitt version since they first came out in 2001. They re-released the Bullitt version this year in limited quantities. A local dealer told me he has a new one for sale. My question is, how reliable are these Mustangs? If you are a Mustang owner it would be great to get your opinions. It's not a question of choosing another vehicle and whatnot because no other car interests me. However I won't want to spend 30,000 plus on something that will break down a lot. So what do you people think?
twain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I'd say they are fairly reliable. In the long run, Ford is known for bad starters, and eventually transmissions after about 10 years. Other than that, I'd say it be a fairly reliable car for a good time. According to MSN Autos, (the most recent rating is 2005) gave it all check marks in all areas, meaning little if any problems, all with low cost. Looks like a good buy, if thats what you're looking for.
dalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I was happy with mine. The only problem I had with it, was the AC system had a leak. It was covered under warranty. I loved that car. 01 GT premium convertible.
imported_raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 04:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Depends really on how your maintain it...and how you drive it.....drive it like you stole it....without proper break in ..you will have problems....but why proper care....and manitance...you should have years of enjoyment...without much problems.

but one fact....!anything! made by man can and will probally have a problem at some point
akira4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I personally like them but I'd rather spend 12,000 on a gt. You can put the fancy door sills, shift knob and rims on yourself. Also the bullit's power isn't much more than the gt.
codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

dude they r ****** asweme

own 2 of them

a 72 5.0 coupe and a 2003 gt

they haull *** and r affordable

but in my opinion get a cobra
codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

they are reliable they haul *** and are very nice cars. i own a 72 5.0 and even if its 35 years old its runs well and at every corner it peels out and in every gear to
milward is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion