Nissan RB26DETT in a 64 Ford falcon? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Nissan RB26DETT in a 64 Ford falcon?

i know it sounds a little insane and out of ordinary. I know this swap can be done, but when i find an rb26 with tranny, ecu, maf, etc and everything needed for a swap into a nissan, what will i need to install on the falcon to actually run the motor? will i need some skyline computer parts to go along with the rb26?

in the fast and the furious tokyo drift, they take a 67 mustang fastback and put an rb26 in it. it's so unique, i want to try it with my falcon.
Cathair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Henry Ford is spining 5,000 rpms in his grave! Old four bolt wheel falcons did not have enough brakes to stop with that inline 6 it came with. Now quadruple the hoesepower install an engine the drifters would die for. In 1964 suspension just kept the body above the ground handling cornering stability and stopping were not even thought of. Your differential and drive train may handle 120 hp. You will need the computers wiring harnesses fuel pumps bigger radatior larger brakes ford 9" rear differential with limited slip. It would be unique to see a drifter 1964 falcon with air suspension and foose 20" wheels. Painted like a Coca-Cola box you might even get good money to drive it around. I always wanted to chop the roof of a Falcon 3" to give it a longer profile.
rashane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Most Falcons have ben upgraded to more improved technology.. Mustang2 Front ends, Disk Brakes. And anything suspension or motor that fits 64-70 mustang will generaly fit a Falcon. The mustang originated from Falcon blood. I have seen Falcon's with 460, 454 motors so no prob for hp.
Finian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, you basically get the entire Skyline GT-R Powertrain and a new ECU to program it.

This should be done professionally. Do not try it yourself.
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I've never done an engine swap so I could be wrong but you would new/custom mounts to mount the motor. I don't know how long a Falcon is so the RB26 tranny might not fit. You would need to completely change the fuel system. Umm.... that plus what comes with the actual engine. The only computer parts that go along with the RB26 should come with the motor. It seems like your not very experience at this stuff so I am going to assume you are going to get it professionally done. It's really pointless to do this. I mean it's going to cost 5-10 grand (guestimate) just to buy all the parts needed. Plus I wouldn't trust such an old car like that with a fast engine. Like I doubt a 64 Falcon came with ABS/Disc brakes plus you would have to put in a whole new suspension. It's a cool idea but I at the end of the day with professional installation it's going to cost around 20 grand and maybe more.
law64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion