I have a 94' Mustang Gt, I want @450 HP what should I do.? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 94' Mustang Gt, I want @450 HP what should I do.?

I originally wanted a 10 second street car ( with the same car) but this is my daily driver and after some research I think i'll just settle for @ 450 HP. Im thinking about going to the new Boss 302 block with all the rest or the majority of the parts being Edelbrock. I just want your opion and what you think.
Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You can get a crate 351/383 that will fit in your car and provide the required 450 HP. If you are sticking with the 302 you're going to have to give up some drivability to get 450 HP or you're going to have to use a turbo or supercharger.
gabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I think a 10 second street car is a waste because 99% of the time you will be using maybe 5-10% of all the power. 450bhp is pretty drivable on the road (even though it still is a lot of power). I'm not sure if this is the 5.0L or the 4.6L. If it's the 5.0L 450 bhp is pretty much doable overnight with those engines. For the 4.6 a supercharger is your best bet. As for the new block... I don't know. Depends on what state your current motor is in. If you can run 450bhp on the stock block with Edelbrock add ons there's not point in getting a new one. It will just be a waste of time, money, and energy.
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

quite frankly if you are asking this question-means you cannot do your own wrenching & you do not have the tools or capability to do an installation yourself.

crate engine including shop labor costs and transmission, frame strengthening, chassis work, rear end, etc will be all in plus $10,000, maybe $12,000....thats without other small things like wheels, ZR tires, proper rear end, exhaust system.

to rebuild your engine-built out bottom end (rods/pistons) race heads, headers, intake, exhaust, supercharger etc.....transmission, chassis/suspension, etc, etc., etc....all in about the same.

RULE 1, unless you can do the modifications yourself- its cheaper to buy power on the hoof, there are lots of fine modified mustangs around, better to buy 1 of them - pay a little to have it fully cked out -than pay shop costs for a very difficult build.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/976525564.html
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/968593071.html

04 cobra (modified, built out, supercharged-2.3 whipple blower @ 15lbs -measured at 575rwHP, dyno)
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...jpg?081519-289
moreley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Stock 302 bottom end with Trick flow twisted wedge heads, trickflow track heat intake, trickflow stage 1 cam, or custom grind cam. Vortech V-1 s-trim supercharger with an anderson powerpipe should put you right at 11-12lbs. of boost and really close to 450 bhp. Just take it to a dyno tune shop when you get done with the setup and get a custom computer chip burned for it to make shore you dont detonate, or lean out the fuel curve to much and blow the engine.
lleweliyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I love questions like this.

Purchase a crate engine set up to produce 450hp on pump gas.
It will be reliable and serve it's purpose well.
Done deal IMO and what I would do to motivate that pony car.
imported_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Forced Induction...Forge your internals and go with forced induction....Do you want power under the curve or above the curve?
bourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
wu
Registered Member
Regular

Buy an LS1 Camaro or Fbody. Getting those numbers would be a walk in the park.
wu is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion