Car stereo and suspension? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Car stereo and suspension?

Something is wrong with my audio system in my car, the mid turns on and off, but the bass ia always there, have two seperate amps, 1 for mids and other for subs. It seems every time i run over a rough surface or something, i get a pop from my speakers, or the music will turn on, and then it might turn off on another bump. I dont know what the hell is going on, and I know its not the cd player, I think it might be a ground somewhere, maybe the main ground, which is grounded from my motor to part of the suspension. I think maybe the ground ripped away from the motor and is dangling and messing with things. Also my motor will sometimes feel like it wants to just shut off, almost like it has no gas, but it has gas, I think the problems could both be linked. any help advice, etc greatly apreciated. Btw, its a 2000 ford mustang gt and I have checked the power and grounds to both amps, they are both intact and well connected.
bizahalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

sounds more like you have a shorted speaker wire or wires and they are possibly pinched somewhere in the doors maby but don't know if you have door speakers if you are using the factory speaker wiring it might be hard to find where but i would start at the amp and individually check each speaker by disconnecting one at a time to see witch speaker is shorting to ground that usually causes this and for your car thats a seperate issue that you will have to take to a car repair shop for possibly some thing to do with fuel injectors or fuel pump or even a fuel filter i would get that checked out before you end up on the side of the road some where hope all this helps you.
nels91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

sounds like either fualty wiring, or your alternator isnt strong enough to power the amps and therefor they are being underpowered
christophe is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion