Trading in my Car (tuburon) for something "faster." Mustang or a step above?
Recently, for a few months now anyway I have been looking at some cars from ebay, autotrader, etc. I currently have a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT (silver) which i have no complaints other than its top speed/power. Going by Kelly Blue Book, my trade in value's around 8.2k ($8200) and I am strongly thinking of trading for something with better performance.
Some Info on my car so its clear what would be better:
2,656 cc 2.7 liters V 6 front engine with 86.7 mm bore, 75 mm stroke, 10 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder
Unleaded fuel 87
Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 26 and EPA city (mpg): 20
Multi-point injection fuel system
14.5 gallon main unleaded fuel tank
Power: 128 kW , 172 HP SAE @ 6,000 rpm; 181 ft lb , 245 Nm @ 4,000 rpm
Its really not impressive, it goes 0-60 in around 8.7 seconds and a quarter mile in about 18-19 seconds.
I really hate thinking of trading this car because it was my first, and as I stated it never gave me any mechanical problems. I just desire something with a little more kick (yea, i'm 19 plz no "you'll end up killing yourself's" That would be fine.).
I have noticed a 98-04 mustang GT would fit my interests, stock running about 150 mph.
Ok, question time (numbered for simplisity's sake):
Please keep in mind, keep the cars price around my trade in value (no more than 2-2.5k off). And nothing with a requirement of parts aka Tubo, Super Charger, Headers, Piston Rings.
1. What car (if not mustang) would have a higher speed and torque? (140ish top speed and a small amount of time to get there)
2. Whats the odds of getting a used mustang GT 01-04 for about $10,000 (good/excelent condition)?
3. For mustang owners, whats the 0-60 time, and quarter mile time/speed (estamates accepted).
4. For a hyundai tiburon 04GT, & 25k miles, does $8200 sound fare? If you think it should be lower don't answer this specific question^^.
5. Before I looked around mustangs, i was looking at a few 1996's, including the mitsubish 3000gt, dodge stealth, nissan 300zx, mazda rx-7, and a few others. These would be a little to old and too much trouble to deal with correct? Plus there actual japanese sport cars (starting price was about 50k ea).
6. Am I stupid for thinking of changeing cars?
7. Can you provide top speeds, 1/4 mile times, etc for any car (you) suggest?
Chances of pulling a Mustang Cobra are literally 0, so just a GT (with some extreme luck maybe a 04 mach 1.)
Also, as for location, I live in WV, or the Moutain State, and the moutains make it difficult for my tiny torque'd car to move. Its FWD does help out on icy roads though....But I don't travel too often.