Who has the good deals on auto parts? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Who has the good deals on auto parts?

Here's the deal. I have a 98 mustang v-6. I'm about to give my baby an overhaul. I'm going to be buying a lot of parts and wanted to get suggestions of stores or websites that sell good stuff for low prices.

Please try and refrain from taking childish stabs at ford or the mustang just because you're a Chevy, Chrysler, Dodge, or whatever guy. I Don't care that you don't like Fords so please try to answer my question without being a ******
fitzsimons85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You are probably wasting your money and time doing this. Ford has one of the best v6's on the market. Which one do you have? The later model ones are built so well that it would surprise me to the bone that you need anything for it. How many miles??? If you think you need new rings or pistons or bearings, think again. If you have been a good Mustanger, you should have been using Mobil One 0W-30 in it. If you haven't, de-sludge it with butyl cellosolve, and SWEAR OFF REGULAR OILS FOREVER!!!!! Amzoil and ELF oil are even better at preserving and cleaning the engine while you drive. If you are trying to get more power from it, consult with the Ford high performance catalog found at many dealers, or on the internet. Unless you have 300,000 totally neglected miles on it, forget overhauling and think "CLEANING THOROUGHLY". Remove your intake and clean all the collected muck. Use a lot of spray Gum-out and butyl cellosovle. Good lucK!! Save your money! Ford is not the company that's in trouble right now!
emmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There are many stores AUTO ZONE , NAPA , ADVANCE AUTO , etc pick what you like.
milward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Unless you know someone I don't think you can get a good deal. I get parts from Autozone and the Ford dealership. They're not cheap but you won't be able to find them cheaper anywhere else.
lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Im a chevy fan but if its american im all for it plus when your working under the hood who cares i love working on cars i recently helped my uncle with a 68 cobra and we got most of our parts from jegs.com so good luck
bour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Try Ebay Motors. I attached a link. You might also want to look into Summitracing.com
Kynlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Just join one of the undoubtedly numerous online Mustang forums out there and ask there.

I'm not even a Mustang guy and I just found about 30 different forums that will all net you better information than you're going to get here.
rodel is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion