Mustang blower? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
wit
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang blower?

ok, i came across a guy that has a Ford M112 blower for sale at a good price, knowing this was on a lightning i knew it wouldent just bolt on my 2000 mustang gt, I asked what would I need to do to make it work, he said " all you need to do is find a intercooler that fits the 4.6l 2v engine and sit the blower on top. Sounds to me like it would take alot more then that, my question is , would that really be it and if so would what i have to do if its possible?
wit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
gil
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang blower?

the intake design is entirely different from what I've seen so good luck, not to mention tuning, injectors, mass air flow works etc..

edit: roughly http://www.torktech.com/index.asp?Pa...WPROD&ProdID=6
gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang blower?

If it came from a 5.4 Lightning it wont fit the heads are spaced father apart that the 4.6L. The best thing your you to do is buy a Paxton, Vortech, Procharger blower. It would be the best choice if u want a roots type go for Kenne Bell. But judging from your question u want cheap. Spend the money on a proper kit.

I am not sure on the 03/04 Cobra blower would work on a 4.L SOHC my guess is no.
ioan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang blower?

I dont think it would be as easy as your friend is telling you. The lightning engine is a 5.4L 4 valve per cylinder dohc engine while yours is a 4.6L 2 valve per cylinder engine. Find a modification shop around where you live that specializes in mustangs and ask them. The best way to find a good shop is to join a online mustang club in your area and ask them where they take their mustangs.
garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang blower?

Your best bet is to spend the money for a blower that was specifically designed for your car. Less hassle and less problems (you don't want to blow your motor up). The R&D has already been done...so why not utilize it???
aswynn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang blower?

The factory computer is not ment for the blower addition. Adding the blower will change your air/fuel ratios

More then likely leaning the system out too much.

And most mustangs only have a 2 bolt main crankshaft.
Not a 4 bolt main like most trucks have.

The Honda kids have a problem with this........They "beef" up there engines only to have the bottoms fall out.
The blocks are not designed for the power.
cuinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion