Texas entrance ramp speed question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Texas entrance ramp speed question?

Well today I think I was about to get pulled over for speeding on a ramp (or I think I was). As soon as I got on the ramp and started accelerating, a police car was next to the ramp (on the part that you can't drive on) and turned his lights on when I was almost done with the ramp. I imagine I was around 40 to 50-ish mph at the time and I was scared and started to slow down and get into the lane to stop, but he kept going and chased after a mustang doing like 85 a nice distance away from me.

So I'm wondering: was he about to pull me over, but then saw the mustang and chased after that? Or did I really break a law that I didn't know about for ramps. The ramp I get on doesn't even have a sign with a speed limit on it.

The thing why I thought it was me is because RIGHT when I passed him, he turned his lights on so I was like "uh-oh!" and was in my lane for a bit, but then switched to go after the other car.

When I passed the police car AFTER this happened when he pulled over the mustang, he just proceeded as normal so..... I'm just lost! Do you get in trouble if you don't speed up to 60 by the time you're off the ramp or something or was I speeding or what?

Please help me as I don't want to get into something like that again!
stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You just happened to be getting on I35 at the same time the officer was going after the mustang- You are suppose to be at the posted freeway speed by the time you enter the freeway lane from the ramp, so you did not do anything wrong
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

He was probably after the mustang all along, you just happened to be in the area when he started the pursuit. Your supposed to be getting to highway speeds by the time your ready to merge. You didn't do anything wrong.
pryderi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I-35 West doesn't go through Grand Prairie........
natal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
texas