What can I do if the dealership dented my car door and doesn't take the blame for it? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What can I do if the dealership dented my car door and doesn't take the blame for it?

I took in my 2008 Ford Mustang GT to my local Ford dealership to get serviced, and when I came back, there was a dent on the door. I talked to the service representative and manager, but they were giving me a hard time and they were saying that it was like that before I came in, and I know that it wasn't like that. I am pretty sure that they did it, and I tried to talk more with the manager, but he threatened me to throw me out of the dealership. I tried calling the police, but the officer was unable to give me a police report because the accident occurred inside the dealership. Is there anything that I can do to get it repaired or to get the money to repair it?
wakiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

What can I do if the dealership dented my car door and doesn't take the blame for it?

You can call your insurance company and tell them the situation. THEY will be more than happy to call the dealership and demand payment for any repairs, as THEY don't want to have to pay for it. They will also ask to see the video tape of your vehicle while it was on their property to "prove" that the dent was not caused at the dealership....which by the way, HAS to have property insurance to cover things like this. Your insurance Co will probably call THEIR insurance company and work it out.....

If all else fails, take them to court. The judge would SURELY ask to see the video evidence as well....if they don't produce it, they would probably lose.

Good Luck.
iddig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I manage a collision center and deal with this on a daily basis. A customer comes to pick up their car and say that a dent or scratch was not there and that we damaged it. Fortunately for me, I take Hi resolution photos of the cars prior to us doing any work to the car. We take photos inside and out. In 7 years, I have yet to have a single customer be correct in their accusations. They are shocked when I pull out the photos of their car and tell me then that they just never noticed it before. That is because most people analyze their car to death after it has been at a repair shop.

I'm not saying that it is not impossible for them to have done damage to the car, I am just saying that in my 7 years of business and thoroughly photographing cars I have yet to have one customer be correct in their assumption that I damaged their car and I repair about 120 cars a month.

Vehicles do get damaged from time to time at any shop, but most shops will usually take care of it before you ever even know about it.
Renfrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

besides reporting it to insurance ask nice once then make a big sign saying
i got my car dented at so and so and they didnt want to make repairs drive a round their lot or park it across the street
harailt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion