How do I fix body kit wobble? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How do I fix body kit wobble?

I have an Invader style body kit from Extreme Dimensions on my '96 Mustang. I have it on with screws on the fenders and several pop rivets under the headlights and two on the grille part right on the hood.

The problem is, the kit wobbles up and down, the only time it doesn't is on freshly paved roads because they are smooth - any bumps and the thing wobbles all the way down the highway. I can tell because my headlights beams will shake. Is there anything short of custom bracketry that will fix it?
milward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Without more knowledge of the construction the only thing that comes to mind (other than checking you installed it properly) is to pack the kit out with foam (either pre-formed or DIY foam).

The wobble suggests you do not have sufficient support though ... are you using the right kit for your vehicle or are you improvising?
aronek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Install metal supports underneath the kit to the frame of your car, like generic type of rods, to hold it sturdy, you should be able to lean on it without it moving. If it wobbles now it will really wobble on the freeway.

http://www.raceonusa.com
Arleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

You can try those flat nuts and use a thicker screw to bolt it. If this contues you will have to put a bracket on it shaped like and L
fnam is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion