How can I tell if my car has been abused? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How can I tell if my car has been abused?

I have a 2005 mustang gt and i bought it used. It drove fine and I hardly drove it hard but I was involved in an accident in January (i was hit in the drivers side fender and wheel area) the ford dealership said everything was pretty much cosmetic and i just had to get parts replaced like the fender and radiator support and a knuckle so they could get the suspension right...a week later my driveshaft breaks and the warranty people say it's because of abuse and the ford place says they ran a diagnostic and the only thing was a broken drive shaft and damaged shifter (a piece of the driveshaft was hitting the shifter until it broke off) now how can i look and see if it's been abused or if the warranty people just didn't want to pay for it...what do they look at during a diagnostic check?
Conlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

It's on the warrantee company to PROVE abuse- demand they furnish proof, pay up!!, or refund your payments to them! P.S. during a diagnostic scan, they simply hook a specialized computer up to your car, and read things like; maximum RPM in memory, air/fuel mixture, and basic operation of your engine/trans.-Even if you have a high RPM listed in memory,(would have to be over the tach's redline for them to even try bringing it up) that isn't proof of ANYTHING but that at some point, someone gunned the engine- will NOT show whether the car was in motion/gear at the time!
fairlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

They are probably just trying to get out of paying you.

Contact them and have them explain to you why they think it's been abused. If they insist on giving you the run around, pay a lawyer a couple of bucks to write a letter on your behalf.
Barnhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe THEY were the ones that abused it !!
caius is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion