Chevy motors in Fords? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Chevy motors in Fords?

Does anyone else get annoyed when some guys put Chevy engines in Ford cars? I mean, why would you want to? Ford has just as large of a performance parts market as Chevy does. I really hate it when guys put 350 Chevy engines in Fox Body Mustangs. Just put in a 351 Cleveland/Windsor!
Nevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Chevy motors in Fords?

It does seem kind of dumb in that application. Unless you're talking like LS-series, particularly the newer LS engines, there's just no good reason to go GM over Ford in a Mustang. Ford just doesn't have anything that small, light, efficient, and powerful all in one. (the Modular engines are wide.) Even so it's still sacrilege.

Otherwise, in other cars...non-Fords, cars that never had available V8s and such, well, SBCs are just better supported for non-original applications than are Fords. There's more parts, and more info out there for making them work in cars they were never intended for.

But...putting one in a car that has a well-supported V8 AS ONE OF THE STOCK ENGINES ...is ******* stupid.
arnett5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Chevy motors in Fords?

I somehow don't like it neither. Unless, it's another car like a Delorean which is fine that ur putting the engine in.

It's like a fan of a football team going to ur favorite football team's game, wearing another teams jersey instead of ur team's jersey while he or she is at the game. especially if ur wearing a teams jersey from a team which u hate that is a rival to ur team.
duran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Chevy motors in Fords?

I dont mind it one bit... Actually i perfer it. There are a lot of guys down at my hometown drag strip that run chevy motors in the mustangs... It all depends on preference.... I mean alot of people including me have worked only on chevys. So i know what i am doing there where as a ford i know a little but not as much....
Ekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Chevy motors in Fords?

Chevy makes the best V8's in the world. And the more modern ones have one of the longest warrantys you can have, longer than Fords.
woolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Chevy motors in Fords?

Because Chevy engines last longer under high performance.
curr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion