1994 mustang gt o2 and idling problem help tune.? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1994 mustang gt o2 and idling problem help tune.?

okay I recently purchased a 1994 ford mustang gtvert 5speedwith a powerdyne supercharger kit and a good tune gears etc. no built motor, it is all stock. So we put an offroad hpipe on it the wouldnt fit and put the highflow cat hpipe back on it. the problem was i drove it around a while with the o2 sensor on the drivers side(precat) hanging down not in the pipe hole and it took some hard bumps. Now I replaced that o2 sensor. but i still have this problem when i start it up it has a rough idle and then stalls unless you keep giving it throttle, and the throttle almost seems like its stuttering with when you push the gas and motor revs. Once it warms up its okay idling not perfect but still will stall once in awhile. It also flashes the check engine light off and on. What could be the first guess? i dont mind throwing parts at it. and i know i have to pull the code but i would like to save the time of getting a scanner etc. thanks for all the help!
Maichail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 03:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Hey bro stock is ok if you are not boosting crazy #'s so if your 6-9 your cool but you do have a ****** for timing right?? and a new fmu fuel management unit?? Do ou know where the idle air controls is?? unplug it when this is happining and see if it is worse...
fnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Let's see.........ummmm....... you have a PowerDyne Supercharger on a "Stock" motor. Let me explain:

1. If you are running more than 6 pounds of boost your are screwed unless you have an Intercooler to cool the very HOT air charge that comes out of ANY supercharger or turbocharger.
Hot air into an engine not "set-up" for it is SCREWED. Hot air into a "Stock" engine = Melted pistons ;-(

2. Pull ALL of your Spark Plugs and "LOOK" at them and try and determine if any "Cylinder" has been "blown out". Look for: oil contamination (bad rings or hole in piston) and-or melted metal on the plugs and-or severe fouling.

3. Do a "Compression" check on ALL cylinders and see if any are below spec by more than 10%. (I believe you should be looking for at least 120 pounds as a minumum)

4. If everything seems ok then pull your O2 Sensor and "Clean" it with toulene ( you can toulene form any hardware store) and a brass wire brush. DRY the O2 sensor before re-installing it.

Caution: Toulene is VERY toxic, try and not breath too much of it.

Any other questions......... email me
micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #4
wu
Registered Member
Regular

i think u should build up your engine first.after that,u can search anything in your engine and your interior for your problem.
wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

go get a scanner and for the flashing lit means you are doing damage to the emission system of the vehicle
no way around the scanner though
pryderi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
1994 mustang