What is a good street racing car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What is a good street racing car?

i have seen all the fast and furious movies and fell inlove with them. i have especially taken a liking to the tokyo drift. after leaning about drifting and testing it out in my, not so fun, 95 geo tracker, i fell inlove with the sport. only drawback is, it only drifts when its wet, snow, and it tends to tip. warning label on the visor warns of tipping, so i tend only to drift in the snow. but the car is falling apart and i want to find a new car. so far ive been fairly picky, wanting only RWD cars, but no so much anymore. i have considerd any good tuner and am broadinging my horisons. my car wont last long so help me out fast. i need to find someone with good knowladge of the tuning sport and need suggestions on what kind of car is good for tuning, and what mods and engine parts i should apply to it.
ive been looking for a:
- 97 nissan 240sx,
- a 99-02 mustang,(can u get a turbo for one of these??? if so where?)
- an earlier model mitsubishi ecplise,
- a 94+ toyota supra,
- a mazda rx-7, (love the vilside fortune rx-7 widebody kit shown in tokyo drift)
-and even been looking for a nice kit car such as lambo and ferrari for cheap.

i have a min. wage job and about 3k right now. but i plan on buying a car hopefully soon, like around 5-6k dollars in hand. any suggestions from tuning experts or guys who just know thier cars?

also, is it better to get manual? i want the thrill of manual and the conection with the car, but is it just the same as driving an automatic with things such as accelteration and top speed? in my opionion i always thought manual would be better and faster.
any assist?
-resides in OH-

oh, ive also been looking at maybe getting a 2009 kawasaki ninja 250r
any thoughts on this? comments? tips?
eljin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Top ten best street racing cars, in order:

1. Ford Freestar/Windstar
2. Chyrsler Town and Country
3. Pontiac Aztek
4. Kia Sedona
5. Subaru B9 Tribeca
6. Nissan Quest
7. Buick Rendezvous
8. Toyota Sienna
9. Subaru Forester
10. Chevrolet Uplander/Pontiac Montana SV6
neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

in the first place you don,t need to racing on the streets. you might kill some innocent person. if you want to race then go to the race track.
fairlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

You should also consider that such a car may be expensive to insure. Check your insurance rates before buying one, for example here - autoinsurance.maclenet.com
Elishama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

toyota mr2

if i were you,i'd look for a decent mk3 supra, or first gen 240sx. that way, you can spend more money to upgrade the engine.

plus, its gonna be hard to find a newer supra. if you find a mk4 supra within your range, its gonna probably be an automatic.

yea, you should go for a manual because they give you better performance and efficiency. also more fun.

yea, and what the first answer said, you shouldn't be racing on the streets...just take the car to a race track.
riordain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

first-if u have the money to buy a 94+ supra or rx7, buy a manual and go nuts with it, but the fortune kit for the rx7 is $11,000. mustangs are ok if u like american but honda prelude si's or a 240/300/350 nissan are awesome as well, theres a Nissan 370 coming out thats unbelievable, check it out at nissan.com and manual lets u control ur car more and is eligible for more mods but an automatic is a bit simpler and shifts faster than most people can.
meyer41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion