17 years old looking for a car!!!!!!!!!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

17 years old looking for a car!!!!!!!!!?

ive been looking for a car for over 4 months, right now i have a 2002 s10 xtreme, its the v4 so its really slow, i want i dont know what to choose, my options are: 350z, 1999-2004 mustang gt, Cadillac cts, maxima 2004 3.5, the ? anybody can help me to choose which one is the right for me? IM NOT RICH, i have a part time job, n i get paid like 900-1000 dollars monthly, my mom is going to pay for the gas, so , yea i want the car for my senior year, i want the nissan 350z, but everybody tell me that i cant eforth a car like this rite now........help me!!!!!!!!!1
aodha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

i would go with a honda civic. they are cheap and have a lot of aftermarket parts.
neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i would go for the impreza wrx or sti even though you did not ask about it. better bang for your buck if you ask me. awd. 5 or 6 speed depends on year, mind boggling speed grip and acceleration. would beat a Cadillac or a Nissan 350 anyday. and very safe cars.
charly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Skip anything like the 350Z, the mustangs, etc. The insurance bill will eat you alive. A 17 year old male driving anything with a lot of horsepower is an accident waiting to happen.

You're better off with a used minivan, or a used small car like a Honda Civic, a Toyota Corolla, etc. Do some research on crash ratings, and pick something that gets as high a rating as you can afford. And before you sign anything, or put down even a nickel as a down payment, go to your insurance agent, and see what it will cost you for insurance. Better yet - go there first, and ask what cars they would recommend as affordable as far as insurance goes. That will make your car shopping a lot easier.

Then, after you have a few years of driving experience, you can start looking at something with a little more zip to it. If you showed that you were smart enough to take your insurance agent's advice the first time around, and smart enough to avoid accidents, tickets, etc. on the first car, the fun one may not cost too much to get coverage.
iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

well the car for u is nissain there cool
birkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #6

dude, I got to tell you caddi is the way to go given those options
Zachaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly I would keep the Chevy S-10, slow maybe but reliable and alot cheaper on insurance.
tully is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion