17 years old looking for a new car!!!!!!!!!!!!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

17 years old looking for a new car!!!!!!!!!!!!?

ive been looking for a car for over 4 months, right now i have a 2002 s10 xtreme, its the l4 so its really slow,t i dont know what to choose, my options are: 350z, 1999-2004 mustang gt, Cadillac cts, maxima 2004 3.5, the ? anybody can help me to choose which one is the right for me? IM NOT RICH, i have a part time job, n i get paid like 900-1000 dollars monthly, my mom is going to pay for the gas, so , yea i want the car for my senior year, i want the nissan 350z, but everybody tell me that i cant effort a car like this rite now........help me!!!!!!!!!1
dunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Just a suggestion. I don't know if you're into imports, but almost any Toyota would make a good starter car. It's inexpensive, yet dependable. Toyota's are really easy to maintain (compare to lots of other manufacturers) and parts are also very easy to find. And lastly, certain models are very good at saving gas. If you're more towards look and not price/quality, I don't know.
lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

So if you pay 400 a month for the car and another 300 a month for insurance then what are you going to do for money for other things. You don't make enough to buy such a car. Keep your truck till you finish college and you'll be in better shape for it.
eimhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Those all seem like very nice cars. But the fact of the matter is you're under 25 and the insurance payment will probably be as much as the payment for your car. So the 1000 dollars you make a month despite the gas money by Mom- you're going to be flat broke. Get a certified used car that way you can hurry up with the payments then eventually only have liability insurance to pay and that can be 150 a month as opposed to 400.
cristobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Volkswagen
culloden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

take those cars you want and go to your insurance agency and find out how much insurance will cost on each one. if your mom is going to pay the gas bill great, but for how long? if you take up that bill too after you graduate then you might want to keep that in mind. gas prices aren't going down in the next 10 years bro. if i were you i'd get an old beater that gets decent gas mileage, you'll have much more fun in a car you don't mind getting "dinged" up. now if your parents were paying for the ride i'd say go with an Escalade but i don;t think they're footing that bill, right? have fun!
odam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Dude, just get another small pickup. Great on gas, low insurance, not too flashy yet tough.
wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i suggust a Scion tC. They are cheap reliable cool cars. (not the box its the sports car. look it up)

otherwise i suggust going to cars.com and looking at all the used cars in there.

my first car that i just got is a Audi A6. very sexy car. haha.
imported_dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

well if you finance through your mom and you buy from a dealer not a private seller then you should be fine. 350z is a good car i have one myself and i love it i bought mine when i was 17 also. i financed through my parents and have paid mine off.
Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

the 350z and cadi cts are gonna run u 20k+ bucks....prolly a lil pricey for ya (your gonna want money left over to go do stuff right?) 04 maximas are cool and itd prolly run ya about 14k....personally id go for a stang...you could find one of those '01 mustang bullitts for like 10-13k easy and they look fkin sick

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=19
arlen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

17 yrs old. Dude, get a used junker civic. Save up your money until you can afford a nicer car when you are older so the insurance company doesn't rob you.. Stats show that young teens are way more likely to get their cars totaled than a more experienced driver. Take my advice. Check out Clarkhoward.com.
finnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

mini cooper?
Renfrid is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion