Infant car seat in the back of a convertible? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Infant car seat in the back of a convertible?

My husband's friend stopped over to show off his new car the other day-A brand new Mustang converitble. In the back was his 6 month old daughter rear facing in an infant car seat. I was a little disturbed because I've been in the back seat of a convertable, and I hardly remember it being big enough to properly secure an infant seat. Not to mention he was driving with the top down. But anyways-Does anyone know if that's safe? I'm not going to say anything
myung-dae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I've seen a forward facing toddler in a convertible but not an infant rear-facing.

Poor baby. I am not sure if its safe at all but even if it wasn't, do you think he would care? Or do you think he only cares about looking cool in his convertible? There ARE better ways to show off a baby...lol. I'm always hesitant to say this but I firmly believe that it's a guy thing. They just don't think sometimes!
fane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

My MIL has a Mustang convertible.
The seats fit in there okay, it's a PITA to get them in because it's such a small space, but they do fit.
I personally wouldn't have the top down with an infant in there (though if he's rear-facing, he isn't getting much wind in his face). But my MIL has it down when my nieces are in the car, they're 4 and 8, and they love it.
redvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

First comes to mind, flying debris on the roads... but also it's incredibly windy! I can't see a 6 month old enjoying that! Selfish (and somewhat stupid) daddy! I would say something! I don't think I could stop myself!
donnachadh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion