If I did the following to my car, what would be the results? Ford Mustang GT Convertible? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

If I did the following to my car, what would be the results? Ford Mustang GT Convertible?

I have a 2008 Ford Mustang GT Convertible. If I converted to run on natural gas of course I would get less gas mileage and less power. But natural gas has an octane rating of about 120 so I modify the engine to take advantage of that high octane rating by increasing the compression ratio.
Farren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

If I did the following to my car, what would be the results? Ford Mustang GT Convertible?

Yes you could, but it would still get lower mileage.

Things to remember, filling a natural gas tank is very limited. You can set it up to fill it at home easy, but getting fuel on a road trip can be a problem. Also, the tanks are large pressure vessels, occupy a lot of space in the trunk. If the car is NEVER driven far from home, it works. Propane is a little more practical because places have propane for RVs, but some won't sell it as a motor fuel because of the taxes.

Last major issue, is if you live where it gets cold (scrape frost off the windshield), natural gas doesn't vaporize well until the car warms up.
Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Why would you ruin your car?
raimondo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion