Can 02 Mustang GT Convertible Be Converted To Coupe? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Can 02 Mustang GT Convertible Be Converted To Coupe?

I want to get and 02 Mustang GT which a friend is selling but its a Convertible which I dont like at all. I want to know if a convertible can be made into coupe and how much would it cost parts and labor.
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Anything is possible if you have unlimited resources. But honestly, this is a waste of money. Go out and find a nice coupe to buy. You'll save a gazillion dollars and a lot of grief !
ranier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with the fella above. If a car was born a convertible. let it die a convertible. It's not worth doing all that work when you can go an buy a coupe at a probably better price with less moving parts anyway. I own a MGT Convertible and from my guess, it would be very involved doing a lot of cutting and welding problably costing even more than 2K. What do you like about this 02 GT anyway. Is it the fact that is a GT? is it the color? Mustangs are plentyful. I am sure whatever you like about this car you can find in another coupe.
daren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Of course it can be made to a coupe, but before you decide to do that it will cost you more money then its worth. you are looking at a bout 2000 dollars and even then it wont be perfect because it will be aftermarket parts being welded and glued together. it will probably be squeaking over time and rattling. not a good idea at all.
fitzsimons85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Google Mustang convertible hardtops - there appears to be numerous sites that offer a removable hard top for the convertible model. This would be your best option, since it involves no modifications to the vehicle.
imported_raymond is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion