How much is auto insurance for a 2004 mustang coupe? 16 year old male? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How much is auto insurance for a 2004 mustang coupe? 16 year old male?

I just turned 16 and I want a 2004 mustang that is for sale. It is a really good deal, so i was wondering how much auto insurance would be a year. I am a male, and I live in Texas. My dad is willing to pay up to $1500 a year. Please help me! Thanks!
keandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Mine was about twice that when I first started driving. That was with waiting until I was 17 to get my license, a good student discount, a discount for drivers education, and liability only insurance on a 12-year old 4-door car.

Four years later, I'm driving a newer car('04) with a bigger engine, although still four door, with full coverage insurance and have had no accidents or any other moving violations since I got my license. My insurance is still in the neighborhood of $3000 a year.

Based on my own case, I don't think that any 16 year old will be able to get insurance on a Mustang for anywhere close to $1500 a year. The insurance companies look at a young male driving a sports car, and see a huge potential for accidents.

The best thing you can do, though, is have your dad call his insurance agent and get an actual quote, rather than relying on what some random guy on the internet tells you.
meturato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

wish i had your dad when i was 16, i had an '87 ranger and paid $1500 a year. try calling your local independent insurance agent, they can shop many insurance companies and find you the best rate. remember not to skimp on coverages for a better rate, if something terrible happens it's always better to be overinsured for a few extra bucks now than underinsured and paying on a settlement for the rest of your life.
celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2004 mustang