'94 Mustang sleeper idea? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

'94 Mustang sleeper idea?

Hey, I just came up with a wacky yet cool idea for a Mustang sleeper. It would also be fun in general, and to surprise people with.

I'd take a regular '94 Mustang V6 with everything completely stock on the exterior including the wheels (will look exactly like a stock '94 V6 Mustang). But drop in a fuel injected 351 Windsor bored to 357ci with an 8psi single turbo kit that makes about 500hp. The exhaust would be very high flowing but with the quietest performance mufflers on the market, so it would be hard to distinguish it as a strong V8 unless you're close.

Anyways I think it would be cool! Do you like the idea? She'd be a tire smoker with the stock wheels/tires, but still run a high mph 1/4 mile.
allister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly, I am going to catch a lot of flak for this, but you don't need to drop a 351 in there to smoke a Subaru STI. Just build the V-6 a little. Too much of this "foreign superiority" crap going on. I own a 1966 ford fairlane with a 289. Guess what it's done several to $50,000+ BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Porsches? You could smack that STI around well enough as it is. Now for the flak from the ricer crowd...
kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I did the same thing with my 2001 Mustang GT. I bought the V6 Bumpers and hood, then put V6 badging on the car. I prefer the sleeper look over anything. These days it seems most kids are interested in "all show no go"; in other words, their cars are writing checks that they can't cash. I like the "all go with no show" look like you had mentioned. I think it's a great idea.
mather is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds very similar to the '95 GTS. It was basically a GT without fog lights, spoilers, manual windows, no power seats, etc. A stripped down GT. I think it would be a great idea, go for it. If you don't have the car already, get a GT and do it. That way you have all the V8 stuff already in place. Then just switch emblems, rear bumper cover, etc for 6 cylinder stuff.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I had a 97' Mustang very similar to this I just sold... It was a blast and a great idea if you have the budget for it. I did get blasted by a Lancer Evo once though, but the car had already had a blown head gasket and over 100k on the motor (used it everyday).
dario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like a cool I idea I have a 66 mustang that originally had a 250 inline 6 cyl but now I have a whopping 460 ci. motor in it and its funny to pull up to v8 mustangs and dust them.
hamdi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion