Currently involved in car sale? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Currently involved in car sale?

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Im actually buying my son's first car and im running into a bit of a problem. A friend of mines cousin was recently deported back to his home country due to visa problems. He is currently selling a 2000 Ford mustang with 65,000 miles on it for 6500.
The individual that was deported needs money and told his friend to sell the car to me. Now heres the problem
That friend who is deported is the owner and is on the title of the car, which he would need to signed for the car to be transferred to my ownership. No this deal is not fraud because the car is registered and I even checked the VIN, which was clean.
How would i go about this ?
I was thinking about getting a power of attorney but that could take a while depending on if the guy knows how to fax paperwork.
Any suggestions would be great. Thank you =)
kele74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

If you have his permission, then just sell it as if you are him.

Sign his name and give the buyer a bill of sale.
(assuming its ok with him and you give him the money, you have not defrauded anyone)

Legally, all you need is a power of attorney authorzing you to sell it. I think a power of attorney needs to be notarized and therefore a fax might not suffice, you might need the original.

Some buyers might question you without a power of attorney. You might be able to calm their fears by giving them the VIN # and telling them to call the police to make sure its not stolen.
corcoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

make copy of title and send the real one to him and the copy--you fill out copy to demonstrate how its supposed to be done//do not touch orig//have him fill out orig and get a notary on his side to verify the whole thing and stamped etc//if he cant find one get national bank--citi with branch in that country they will have notary//send everything back to you via ups or registered mail//its a little time consuming but other than having someone pose as the guy thats it
bressal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

no matter who you enlist, his signature has to be on the title. becuase he is not a us citizen though,u might have a rough encounter. i would contact an attorney in your area over the phone and explain the situation. usually they will provide very basic information peritinent to this over the phone. hope i helped. good luck, and what a dad for buying your son's car!
neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I would have him sign the title, possibly with a notary at the very least with a witness and then have him send it certified mail to you.
hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Just get the guy(tht got deported), get hs details, y'know, email/ phone number, etc and urm, just go through the process like you would do if he was in the country..dont know what else to suggest lol
azuriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

CALL JACOBY AND MEYERS
Maichail is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion