Is it too late to get my youngest son to look at thing differently? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Is it too late to get my youngest son to look at thing differently?

My oldest son is 30 years old now. He wasnít exactly a great child, he was a good kid overall, but he was very lazy in school, like to stir up trouble, playing a prank, and other things. Also he was very stubborn and never helped around the house without putting up a huge argument, is always home late, and other things. Donít get me wrong, heís very sweet and never did anything with bad intention or actually attempt to harm anyone or got in any trouble with law.
However he didnít got along with my husband at all. So this created a lot of problems among everybody. Because of this and everything else, it resulted in him not getting much, reciving support only from me, and other things. When he was seventeen, he joined the army then after his term was up, he went into French Foreign Legion. Once that was over, he started doing contractor military.
Now heís married to a model from Czech, has a house with couple acres of land on the beach in Croatia, a condo in Czech, and is looking to buy a house here in Virginia. He also owns a couple expensive cars and motorcycles. He have friends all around the world, been to many part of world, have done many things in his life so far.
My daughter who is 26, she have always been a great kid. She have always done extremely well in school and rarely got anything below ďAĒ, never argued, always helped around the house, and other things. She also got along with my husband wonderful. So we always gave her so much, we did all sort of things for her such as buying her a brand new Mustang for her sixteenth birthday, take her to photographer to get her a portfolio to send to model agents, paying for her dancing class, and all other things.
We even let her live with us while she attend college. She was planning on becoming a doctor. But she cannot do it, so she ended up become a nurse. She didnít moved out until she was twenty four. Sheís currently living with her boyfriend and renting a apartment in okay part of city and struggling to try saving up to buy a house.
My youngest son who I have with my husband is about to graduate. Heís really comparing both of them and keep asking me why my daughter isnít doing too well while my son is already pretty much semi retired.
Heís starting to thinking about following his older brotherís foot steps. We really donít want him to go down that path because he have no passion in such thing, he just want to do well in life like as his brother. How can we show him that this isnít the case?

shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Is it too late to get my youngest son to look at thing differently?

You've pretty much done what you can. We each have different purposes, different things to learn. Our greatest lessons are not with words but with our actions. Keep communicating, though.
Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion