1998 Ford Mustang Part question? Help If you can.? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1998 Ford Mustang Part question? Help If you can.?

So recently the fuel pump went out on my 98 ford Mustang. I took it to the dealer where I bought it and he changed the fuel pump. Well I noticed the next day that my car was leaking gas very drastically. I looked under the car and seen that the bar in that goes into my gas tank was just like dangling in there. and the gas was just pouring out the sides. Isnt there supposed to be a rubber seal of something right there. Im just looking for the technical term so I know what to tell Auto Zone that I need. Sorry, I sound so not car smart. I am a girl and I dont know all the terms for everything. Well if you can help me, It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
stanhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

It is just a fuel filler neck grommet(as said in the haynes manual) but like everyone said take it back to the dealership since they screwed up. Talk to the service manager and tell him you want it fixed and to give you money for gas since you have lost gas from them not doing a good job. If they dont want to work with you then tell them your filing a claim with the bar(bureau of automotive repair) which will send someone over to investigate them, they should give in.

Also do NOT pay them if they say you have to, to have it fixed since it should have been done right the first time.
hastiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It's the gasket to tank seal, but by all means take it back to the dealer and as for the manager and complain complain complain. I would not even drive the car make them come and get it and tow or carry it back in, odds are nothing will happen but raw gas spilling and slouching out then a ready supply. Surly this was the the work of a garage and not a dealership.
curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

first i would call the dealership and ask them the same ? and also ask them if they tried to scam me and cost me more money because they forgot to fix my problem in the first place.
wylingford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Take it back to the dealer. Sounds like they screwed up while working on the f.p. Make him liable.
imported_cleve is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion