Whats the best auto parts for speed on a mustang GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Whats the best auto parts for speed on a mustang GT?

I have decided to take a black mustang GT convertible and make it go as fast as can possible go. i don't care of cost but if you can tell me a average cost for the part that would help me know the budget. so i need a list of the parts that will make the car the fastest one ever i have looked on the web and I'm books no answers so please help me make my car fast thanks all.
innis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

A supercharger will do the trick.

I have an '07 GT w/ a Kenne Bell supercharger, and I manage to get 460 to the rear wheels with only 8 lbs of boost.

The 2.6L supercharger I have costs around $7,000, but you will see a HUUUGE difference when you step on the pedal.

I bought the car already modded so I can't say exactly how much the supercharger really is. But after tuning and labor I will say roughly $7k.

You do have many cons with a supercharger though.

1. You have to use the highest octane of fuel available in your area(no racing fuel).

2. You have to change your oil every 1,500 miles instead of 3,000. It's not required but preferred.

3. It's not required but it's recommended to use full synthetic oil when you go for a change.

4. It sucks when it's wet and you have to step on it. I have been 45+mph and have dropped it to the floor and spun the tires even going that fast.

5. If you like to play in it, prepare to replace your tires more often.
arnett5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Bigger capacity motor, supercharge, add No2, Torqueflight g'box, tub the **** end for traction, then kiss your own as you will have a totally undriveable car, which if you are a drag racer by profession, you MAY be able to keep in a straight line. Good luck! Turkey
eljin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Paxton supercharger comes as a complete kit and is a direct bolt-on. Keep the boost under 8psi. Make sure your engine is well tuned-up, and you may want to install a stronger fuel pump and larger injectors. Contact Paxton for their suggestions - they know these engines inside-out. Kit costs around $5000.
keandre is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion