Poll for Ford fans only? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Poll for Ford fans only?

(FOR FORD FANS) Do any of you fellow fans of Ford Motors approve of putting 5.0 liter Ford engines (or really any other Ford engine) and other Ford mechanical parts into cars of other brands (mainly meaning foreign vehicles)? I am a huge fan of Ford, and I wouldn't willingly drive a GM product, or a Japanese vehicle, for fun, anyway; but I do think some of those Japanese imports look pretty cool (examples: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Nissan Skyline GT-R, Toyota Supra, etc.), but they all lack the power and other performances found in Ford vehicles. I wouldn't even consider swaping out the mehcanicals in a Jap for good Ford parts and driving it around unless fellow Ford fans aproved, I'm just the kind of person to take approval from those of my kind before doing something along those lines. If I were to do an "opperation" like this on a Jap, it would have to be a sporty vehicle, and I would definately remove the badges to save confusion or personal embarasment. When people would see the car without badges, they'd go without knowing or ask, and I would tell them what powers it, but again, not without Ford fans' approval. What I was thinking was like 5.0 H.O., or maybe an Edelbrock crate engine (their new 347 C.I.D. Ford small block [EFI verison, highest available HP]), a 6-speed Ford GT tranny, Mustang Fox Body rear diff. with detroit locker setup added, twin Vortech V-24 centrifugal blowers (32 psi each), veilside body kit, GReddy intercooler, iron cylinder sleeves, K&N air filter, "Clevor" heads from Edelbrock (Cleveland heads to fit a Windsor), a Lunati 51014LUN street/strip camshaft, and at least 75 smaller mods to the overall vehicle (all undecided), and at least 65 other mods to the engine. So do any of you approve? Please give reasons, I would need plenty of feedback to pull through with it.
colbert31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Poll for Ford fans only?

Just be real careful, running that much pressure on turbos in a already high-compression v8 you will be blowing head gaskets like theres no tomarrow. I think that its definately a cool idea to drop a real v8 into a rice rocket, as long as whatever your putting it in is already a v8. Can i make a suggestion? 1990-1997 300zx. You will have the engine room, it is already reas wheel drive, and it looks awesome, I owned one, not with a v8 of course . Or maybe a 99 ish subaru, they have the engine room and already are all-wheel drive so all you would need to do would find a older front end (struts and steering) off of a 93 subaru 2-wheel drive and there you have the car. Its something i always thought about doing so good luck to you and have fun if you do it.
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Poll for Ford fans only?

why do you need other people to tell you what to do?

lol what next? did someone tell you to become a ford fan and not to buy any other car brand?
archibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 01:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Poll for Ford fans only?

your money build what make you happy
eimhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Poll for Ford fans only?

Or it may be worth getting Sticking with the GTR Rb26dett engine or the 2jz Supra engine which are voted as some of the most tunable engines in the World and offer 500-600 with stock internals and well over 1000bhp with further mods and what these engines a common conversion for many car owners across the World is the lack of funds and effort needed to produce high bhp results.
So the issue also is do supra and Skyline and other Japanese cars owners want to see iconic Japanese Muscle cars etc destroyed.
riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Poll for Ford fans only?

Sounds like a lot of work, not just drivetrain changeout but the electrical part also. As long as your not living in a state where they require annual vehicle inspections I say go for it. With badge removal and drivetrain replacement it is no longer a specific brand, it would be a custom sportscar.
ann15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Poll for Ford fans only?

well on the skyline, do you know what is capable of? if not, you should look it up. it does not need an engine swap. i would take that over a ferrari, porsche, or dare i say even a ford. I own an 04 explorer. I miss my first car, 94 ford tbird. both had the 2-valve 4.6 V8. I would love to have the 5.0 in my truck. in any other 4-banger from japan...NOT A CHANCE!!!!
But to each his own right? if someone drops a ford motor into a honda or toyota, he has to deal with the problems incured. I give him props for doing it.
If you want to drop a 5.0 in a rice mobile go for it. I'd suggest in the body of an old celica or an 87-89 rx-7. It has been done. it will take alot of time money and effort but I think it will be cool to see.
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion