High performance clutches? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

High performance clutches?

I have a 2001 ford mustang and I was wondering if I purchased a "high performance clutch kit", when I take it to the mechanic is there any other part I would have to purchase in order to have it installed? would I have to have a new motor or anything? and also..I noticed the gas pedal to be a little loose, is there any way to totally replace the pedals with new ones?
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

No need for a high performance clutch, it's an '01 Mustang. I really think you should look into trading it off and getting a 70's Caprice jacked way up with like 30" rims and a candy bar theme paint job. I think it would suit you.
kang29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe A flywheel and throwout bearing if the clutch is hydraulic it may be wise to replace the clutch slave cylinder the master can be replaced if needed after and yes the pedals are replaceable and repairable.
rosiyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

You dont need a new motor, a clutch bolts onto the motor and fly wheel, they will pull the transmission out and then the bell housing to replace it. If you buy a clutch, you dont need anything else, but if you are basically stock, its not really necessary to spend the extra cash on a high performance clutch. They last just as long, it just depends weather you beat the crap out of your car or not.

As far as the gas pedal, you can replace anything but, its been 8 years since the car was new so see if there is anything to tighten. Its not unusual
keandre is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion