Whats the estimated gas mileage a classic mustang (64-68) gets? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Whats the estimated gas mileage a classic mustang (64-68) gets?

Either a rebuilt 289, or 302, rebuilt stock heads, the only aftermarket parts being an edelbrock intake, carb, fuel pump, and cam. Making 250-350 hp. any estimates would be appreciated. would it be worth driving it everyday to college 60 miles (to and from), would I get the same gas milage as a latemodel mustang?
camden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 302, 68 mustang with little mods other than the ones you mentioned. I can get almost 20mpg on a run but around town its between 10 and 12mpg, as much as it would be cool to drive to college in your classic car, here in the UK with fuel at around 5 ($10) a gallon I'd consider some other way of doing that kind of daily mileage.

I think a newer model would be slightly better on fuel economy but who wants to drive one of them????
schmaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

10-12 mpg --get a late model car they get much better gas mileage.
Kristofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW YOU DRIVE,EASY/HARD EVERYDAY DRIVING AT A NORMAL PACE YOU SHOULD GET ABOUT 15 CITY 18 HIGHWAY.ITS A FUNNY THING THAT WITH ALL THIS NEW BULL CRAP THEY HAVE DONE IN THE NAME OF SAVING GAS AND AIR POOP WE STILL GET THE SAME FUEL MILEAGE AND SOMETIME LESS.AND THEY DONT REALLY RUN MUCH BETTER THEN THE OLD ONES.I WILL GIVE THEM ONE GOOD THING ,THERE ARE EASIER TO START ON A COLD AM.
aswynn95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion