Wats the average mileage on a 1997 v6 ford mustang's engine? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Wats the average mileage on a 1997 v6 ford mustang's engine?

i am looking into buy a 1997 ford mustang, body is good interior looks good, and im really happy about this car. However, there is one important thing about this car that is making rethink buying it. It has 183k miles. but the owner is selling it for 2700. I talked to them and they said that they took very good care of their cars, frequent oil changes, when they got it 2 years ago they took it toa mechanic and had everything done to it. Reason for sellin cuz they had it garaged because they have many cars. Is it worth buying? and how much money would be a v6 mustang engine worth? how long do mustang engine lasts?
kele74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

normal use would be 150k miles, that's a good price for a clean car.. the engine could last over 200k...
albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i have a 96 mustang that had a v6 in it. when i changed the engine it had 250k on it. but i only put like 50k of the miles on it. and usually bout 150k-200k is when they'll start to leak oil and all that but you can pick up a v6 ford motor pretty easily and at a fair price pretty much anywhere and its not really that expensive to work on. but id say if its not leakin oil and the tires are good and everything works i'd go for it. they are great cars and dependible to
hulbard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion