Best suspension brand? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Best suspension brand?

For the fox body mustang which brand is better for suspension? BBK or Steeda? Or if there is another brand thats better? But i don't want a bunch of mixed parts.
birkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Best suspension brand?

I like the Eibach springs myself. They make regular lowering springs, and a drag race setup that has an airbag in the right rear spring. But I've also heard good things about Steeda, and FRPP springs. It really all depends on what you are looking to do with the car. There are tons of brands out there for lowering springs...figure out what you are looking to spend, what type of performance you want them to have, and go from there. A lot of people seem to like the H & R springs also, though they are a bit more pricey than the other brands you have mentioned...

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/
thormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Best suspension brand?

Honestly, if you're on a budget and just want a solid kit that is easy to install that is decent. Go with Steeda, they are solid and you know what you're getting. But I know for a fact there is much better systems out there for Fox bodies, I just can't remember the names right now. If you do go with the Steeda, I recommend getting some Bilstien shocks. It will be the best $300 you've ever spent.
imported_raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Best suspension brand?

Honestly, it really depends on what you want to set it up for. Comfort/Street Handling, Drag Racing, Road Racing, Autocross...all require slightly different setups. Brand is more of an opinion, so I'd actually just check some forums. Google search "Mustang Forum" and see what forums are good, use the search buttom on the forums and see what other people have tried, what they liked and didn't like. That is honestly the best way, and the answers will be 100% better than anything you'll get here. Good luck and happy searching!
thornton is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion