2009 Boss ,it's official - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Exclamation 2009 Boss ,it's official

The Boss is...Back?

Ford Boss Mustang

In the upcoming September issue of Motor Trend, it is reported that the Boss Mustang is definitely a go for the model year before the Mustang redesign in 2008. That's right, folks--from what has been told, the Boss will be back. Motor Trend is claiming that the powerplant have a 5.0 liter displacement and will produce 390 horsepower. Many Mustang fans are hopeful the 5.0 liter cammer engine will be used, but it is too early to tell at this point. Get the rest of the story over on StangNet.com.Click image for larger version

Name:	ford_boss_mustang_072606.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	19330
captainsteve57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: 2009 Boss ,it's official

Where is the story on Stangnet?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #3

Region: Texas

acyualy was on Planet mustang
captainsteve57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsteve57 View Post
The Boss is...Back?

Ford Boss Mustang

In the upcoming September issue of Motor Trend, it is reported that the Boss Mustang is definitely a go for the model year before the Mustang redesign in 2008. That's right, folks--from what has been told, the Boss will be back. Motor Trend is claiming that the powerplant have a 5.0 liter displacement and will produce 390 horsepower. Many Mustang fans are hopeful the 5.0 liter cammer engine will be used, but it is too early to tell at this point. Get the rest of the story over on StangNet.com.Attachment 19330
This still going to happen or was this idea killed?
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
Regular

Region: Tennessee

No one knows yet. Something big is going to happen in January at the Detroit Auto Show. Not sure what it is yet but the Boss is in the rumor bin.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Stangnet :barf:

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

its not happening on the pre 2010 model... thats for sure. I hope they introduce an actual level between the GT and the GT500 model thats not just looks.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
its not happening on the pre 2010 model... thats for sure. I hope they introduce an actual level between the GT and the GT500 model thats not just looks.
i will keep my fingers crossed!! That would be awsome if they would make a model inbetween the 2. Smart also if you ask me.
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #9

Region: Pennsylvania

would be smart IMO
speed97racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to USMC Roush Send a message via MSN to USMC Roush

that'd be a great idea to make a inbetween for the 2 because it does jump alot in price for those extra ponies from the GT to the 500. anyone ever seen any of the GT350H's for sale? jw

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
USMC Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Not yet, but they release the shelby gt as the consumer version of the 350H. Basically, a GT with the shelby tax.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

my buddy said he saw one for sale, it was an old hertz rental car i knew that much about it but that was it... i just didn't know whatever happeend to them

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
Old 02-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

The 350H's were solely for Hertz rentals...that's what the H stands for. The only time they will be available for sale to the public is when Hertz is done with them and sells them to auction and what not. So, it is possible for them to start coming up for sale and be seen in public.

In the mean time, shelby released the Shebly GT which was the same as the hertz model, only not called the hertz model.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

ah, alright, yeah i didn't know a whole lot about them, they aren't anything special from what i hear..just the color scheme and like 50 extra hp which i'm sure they will go for more than they are honestly worth in my opinion

Old 02-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I don't remember the detailed specs on them, but yes, more then they are worth for sure due to the shelby tax. However, I'm not sure on the 50 hp thing...it doesn't sound right, but then again, I haven't been much for anything with this new platform so I can't say for sure. Memory tells me it was just some styling cues were different...but I'm sure i could be wrong.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

i just read on it veigly but i don't remember everything he's all excited and wants to buy one because it's "Rare" and i told him that it's his money but that it's from a rental company and i know for a fact when i get a rental... yeah i usually drive the piss out of it but that's me... but if i got a sports car like that.....yeah i'd drive the **** out of it haha

Old 02-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Yeah, others have driven the hell out of them, including the guy that rented one, put nitrous on it, and then took it to some ford drags shootout or something and won.

First thing I would do if I bought one is go through the motor and make sure everything is healthy.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

thats hilarious i never heard about the guy with the nitrous... what the rental company do to him for that one?

Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I'm not sure, I lost track of the story after it happened. I know he was slammed pretty hard in the online community and I think the race officials created some rules or something about it too.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

i'm not gonna lie that's pretty funny. but at the same time, tha'ts alot of money to spend on a car that you have to give back

Old 02-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

back in the day when the originals came out people would rip engines out and swap in other stuff and keep the shelby motors when they turned them back in lol
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

god damn... ****in' people man, it's not that great of a engine... its just a 4.6

Old 02-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #23
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

But it says shelby...that means it's > finger of God.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

haha so i'll just go get some shelby plates and slap on some engines and start selling... haha

Old 02-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I know someone that owns a shelby GT it has exhaust and a CAI that's it for performance. it has the same front and rear bumpers as the cali. special and some interior trim pieces that's it. way too much money for what it is.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

yeah so it'd definately not worth what they want for it. i figured as much, what's so special about the cali special aside from the bumpers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion