Is there anyway i can get scammed in this deal? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Is there anyway i can get scammed in this deal?

I am selling a car on craigslist it is a 1991 ford mustang GT. They are kind of hard to find nice ones in the color u want with clean interior. Mine is in good shape and a guy from colorado called me and said he wants to buy it and has been looking for one like it for a while. I live in washington. He instantly sent me 200$ cash through western union today to hold it which i said i would do for 2 weeks and if i didnt see the other 3300 in 2 weeks i would keep the 200 for him wasting my time. He said he will mail a check to his friend that lives in washington and he would come to me with cash to buy the car. i insisted on cash only and he understood. The only thing im wondering is he cant sign the bill of sale i told him to write up a bill of sale with a photocopy of his id and sign it and that i would fill in the cars vin number and sign it and give it to his friend with the title after i recieve the full amount of cash. he plans on having the car delivered to him after all is said and done without ever seeing it and going off his friends judgement. is there any chances i can get ripped off can he try to get his money back after or is the sale final?
fane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

How will u be scammed? Looks like all the risk is with the buyer.

All used cars are sold AS-IS which means No warranty, No guarantee, No returns, No refunds. You dont even have to tell this to the buyer since its their own fault if they dont know the laws.

No your chances of being scammed is nearly 0. Just make sure you file the "Release of Liability" with DMV the same day u sell. If u dont u will be responsible for tickets and accidents the buyer gets in the car.
howahkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

if it is a cash sale it is as final as it could possibly be, truthfully in this instance it is the buyer that needs to be concerned about getting scammed, if you have his cash in hand before you turn loose of the car you are good to go
banjamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 04:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

as long as you don't send any money don't worry
adir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Be careful that you don't accept a check in lieu of cash. If it is a scam, that is how it will be worked. Have the person that comes for the car go to your bank with you and verify the money is good. Tell the person that you want someone at the bank to help with the transfer. People that sell cars have been robbed during the sale.
nahcomence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

if you get cash in hand and you sign back of your cars tittle under sellers name you done with deal an di can see no way of getting scamed if you get cash and sign tittle... you dont need a bill of sale just a tittle with owners name sign on it cant get his money back unless you give it since all used cars are sold as is and its up to buyers to be aware if he gives you money and you sign tittle over deals done no way to rip one off if cash its a cash deal and he drives a way
fnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It is alwase possible to get ripped of on craigslist, especially for something like this. I would suggest asking this man in colorado to meet you face-2-face so you can work out the deal. If he does not comply with this, keep his money and the car, and edit the ad on craigslist to say: "Washington area only"... You have what they want, take advantage of that and make the buyers come to you
baldrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion