1964 Ford Mustang question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
on
Registered Member
Regular

1964 Ford Mustang question?

I found a 1964 1/2 Mustang Coupe for sale. I am trying to figure out what the actual value of the car might be. I checked the VIN number and it checks out as a '64. 170 engine with single barrel carb, 3 speed stick. The serial number is 200767, which translates down to 100,767, a very early car. It has gone through 1/4 of the restoration process. It needs floor pans and some trunk floor work. Most of the interior is still there. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
on is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

With all that rust, the cowl may be rusted out too. Spray a hose over the front cowl and see where the water goes. Look closely inside the car under the dash and under the carpet for signs of water. If you see water then the whole section needs pulled apart and replaced -- a daunting, expensive project. At that point, it's only worth how much you really want it so you can learn a LOT about body work.

Unless you have an undying love for this car and the endless project and cash outlay then it has no actual value to you.
field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

roughly --this car you're looking at is worth between 400 and 2000.00. needing floor pans , a 6 cyl, 3 speed and no options leaves this a bottom dollar car from the start. there were lots of themand they dont bring alot of money in the shape you're describing. it price is what someone is willing to pay for it or how bad they want and what they are willing to spend to get it. be preparred to spend a small fortune on it and dont exspect to get your investment back. if you were to convert it to an automatic, v8 car and do all the proper swaps for a "pony" car , you may make a few dollars . its still going to be a clone and never be a real v8 production car. good luck with it.
austyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

There are so many Stangs for sale right now because of how much they went up in price, but due to the amount of people that are selling them it has reduced the amount they are worth.

I've seen them ready to go to paint with a 289 HI PO for 5 grand
arlen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Be careful, it's very easy to get more invested in it than it's worth. It's not a very desirable model with that weak little six.. I would guess it's value between $1000 - $2000, fixed up and running about $5000-$6000
giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion