67 mustang, no power steering or air conditioning, 6800. what should i do? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

67 mustang, no power steering or air conditioning, 6800. what should i do?

ok. i've been looking at this 67 mustang thats for sale. its 6800 dollars. the outside of the car is almost imaculate. the inside is i think pretty much ideal. the biggest problem is that the car doesn't have power steering or air conditioning. even the power steering isnt a huge deal, its mostly the air conditioning part thats buggin me, cause its summer and it can get pretty hot were i live. it also needs a new muffler and new seat belts.

my biggest questions are:

can i do something about not having power steering?
if so what and how much is this gonna cost me?

how much is air conditioning going to cost me?

is this a good buy?

i keep thinking that im just rushing into this and im only 18 and i can work and buy a car later, but at the same time i keep thinkin that i only live once!

any advice?
abiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 03:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You will be fine with no power steering as far as the AC you can find after market for the 67 at classicautoair.com the kit is around 1300 bucks and it is not something you could do yourself but a good mechanic could it comes with complete instructions your looking at around 2 grand installed. If it is the car you want and it is in good shape you better get what you want are you will not be happy. They just do not make like that any more. I have a GTO 57 chevy and a 67 camaro would not get rid of them for anything. It will not lower the price of the vehicle you could get the 67 with air back then from the factory.
imported_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

if you're buying a muscle car you don't need a/c to add p/s and a/c is expensive and lowers the worth of the vehicle. 6800 seems like a good buy to me.
neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

drive with the windows down or get one of those little portable fans. just strong arm it youll be fine o and its a classic you dont technically have to have seatbelts on a classic well in ohio you dont
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

to have ac installed is very exspensive. over 2 grand
auley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

go for it.................................
broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:40 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

if you want you can buy a cheap 67 mustang (if is a fastback ur talking about then yea good deal if it looks like every other mustang then no) for like about a grand or less that runs and everything then ill paint it redo the intorior do the engine work if it needs any. id have to take the engine out of the car to repaint it and give the undercarage a good blasting almost a complete restore. take about a week and i wont sharge more then 2grand or less. but if its a fast back u aint gunna find one of those cheap at all. no power sterring? my 66 has power sterring and ac. does it have a power steering pump and a a/c pump? if it does they prolly just need fluid or replacing.
huntington is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion