How much should I expect to pay for fixing my in-line 6 engine and add performance parts? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How much should I expect to pay for fixing my in-line 6 engine and add performance parts?

I have a 1966 mustang and i'm trying to keep the in-line 6 in it and I'm trying to put power steering in it.
JosT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

How much should I expect to pay for fixing my in-line 6 engine and add performance parts?

Here is a great online club that I owned until yahoo deleted my account
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/classicmustang/
finnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

join a mustang club they'll direct you to what you need
imported_kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

it depends on whats wrong with the engiene and what quality parts you want to put on it
Akiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
wit
Registered Member
Regular

Sadly not too many performance parts were available for that little 170 cubic inch 6cyl. JC Whitney.com seems to be able to come up with unusual parts. Even though I haven't looked there personally for individual application. They do offer RV cams and headers and perhaps for your specific vehicle.

As far as power steering pup. Get on-line or eBay and look for the pump and bracket and steering gear from anything from a falcon to a mustang. However, that again is going to rob a little power off your engine as well.

Also perhaps www.edlebrock.com or www.holley,com these two are the leaders in performance parts.
wit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion