Should i trade my ac for a stang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Should i trade my ac for a stang?

Okay, heres the deal, I am thinking about trading my car. I put it up on craigslist and have been talking to and met someone about trading it with them. So here are the stats....

I have:
A 2000 Acura Integra GS 2dr automatic
Power everything, sunroof/moonroof everything works. There is a small hole in the exhuast that will only cost $50 to get fixed, but the guy said its not required as of right now, its not hurting anything. (just took it to get everything inspected yesterday and thats the only thing that was wrong AT ALL mechanically)
Brand new brakes (4pads and 2rotors), just had tranny fluid flushed and replaced, new timing belt, and brand new FlowMaster SS Custom muffler ALL done just under a month ago as well as a couple other small upgrades. Had oil changed 2200 miles ago, 800 miles left. Also has aftermarket JVC CD player, full Rockford Fosgate system and wiring (12"P2 subs and 400watt 2channel amp, not including with trade because deal was from the start will only include if trade in has equivilent system, also taking my cd player) I also had installed a very precise unique custom cop alarm w/LCD screen remote that cost me $500. I've put alot of money into this car within the last couple months alone.

It does have some very monor cosmetic issue (2 small dents, small piece around back break lights had to be fixed and it grey primer, scrapes on under front bumper from running into a curb)
Also has 125k miles.

He is offering to trade....
A 1998 Cherry Red Mustang White top Convertible V6 Automatic
(not a GT V8 if it was I wouldn't need to ask this question Id do it!! LoL)
Everything works, nothing AT ALL wrong with it cosmetically besides one of the front light covers is missing. (Paint is great, no rust or corrosion, clear coat still very nice)
He said nothing was wrong with it performance wise that he knows of, I took it for a test drive, the only thing is I think it has a warped rotor or something along those lines because it shakes when you hit the brakes. But thats the only thing I found wrong with it so far, I want to take it to a mechanic for inspection just in case before anything is final anyways.

Everything in it is stock (it is very quiet im used to my flow now haha) He had oil changed 2000 miles ago as well. He hasn't really done any upgrades or add ons to it. He said he did get new brake pads and rotors when he bought it 2 years ago. Thats all I really know about the car at this time. Oh, and when I went to drive it, the shifter was a little weird (it worked fine just seemed "heavy" maybe thats normal, is it?? I might just be too used to my car.)
170k miles.

So, my question is, should I go for the trade, is it worth it on my part or would I be losing out on more than I should? Is the name of a stang worth giving up the great condition and reliability if my newer ac? Im not sure what to do, I like his car a lot cosmetically, kinda weird to drive though because Im so used to my really small ac, but that just takes getting used to. The handling in it isn't as precise as mine is, again, just the car itself.

What should I do?!

Should I ask for cash with the trade if I go for it, or trade even?

If anybody reading this knows alot about mustangs, do you think my 12" subs in a custom box (not exactly sure of measurements) would fit in his trunk, it is very tiny compared to my hatchback lol

Here are pics of my car....
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2740722

No pics of his..
Thanks!!
arlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

The shaking when hitting the brakes would be my biggest concern. Could be the result of an accident. Ask to see the title to the car and see if it states "salvage" or "rebuilt". If it does, stay away from it. Run a carfax on it if you can.
howahkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

hell yea get rid of tht foriegn piece of crap and own a true american muscle car
imported_Diandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Unless the Mustang got smacked around (wrecked), then you are getting a hell of a deal! Ford all the way. Beware though, he could have very well beat on that mustang racing it (even though it is a V6). If it runs well, chances are that it is good. Go for it.
imported_raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The simple fact that it's a ford should detour you. I had a 94 integra that i got rid of and bought a 98 mustang convert and I wish I had NEVER gotten rid of my integra. Mustang is NOTHING but problems, integras are so easy to fix when they break. Minor things on mustangs will run near a grand and eventually to the point where repairs cost more than the car.. Think about this: If you are getting a good deal then why is he willing to trade for a lesser car???
jaye is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion