17 years old kid wants a new car????!!!! help(mustang gt nissan 350z)? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

17 years old kid wants a new car????!!!! help(mustang gt nissan 350z)?

ive been looking for a car for over 4 months, right now i have a 2002 s10 xtreme, its the l4 so its really slow,t i dont know what to choose, my options are: 350z, 1999-2004 mustang gt, Cadillac cts, maxima 2004 3.5, the ? anybody can help me to choose which one is the right for me? IM NOT RICH, i have a part time job, n i get paid like 900-1000 dollars monthly, my mom is going to pay for the gas, so , yea i want the car for my senior year, i want the nissan 350z, but everybody tell me that i cant effort a car like this rite now........help me!!!!!!!!!1
baldrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

i would get the maxima because its fwd, especially if you live in rainy/snowy area... trust me ive wrecked enough cars to say that... i know you drive a truck right now, but if its weak and rwd, it doesnt matter... if it has too much power and rwd=oversteer which can lead to this...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/04...ts-nissan.html
donnachadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Car payment insurance maintence. Future expences like school. Don't tie yourself down to a monthly payment. A 2000 Maxima for around $5,000 for 24 months is over 250 a month. then over 100 a month insurance. Buy a car that can last four or five years get an education and good job after that. Sports cars high powered cars insurance will be to much to pay for.
camden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

lol, dude, you dont have the experience to drive any of those cars safely, but a cheaper car, and get experience driving a medium speed car first. And also, dont forget for any of these sweet cars, you need to learn to drive stick, nothing would make me laugh more than to beat some wana-be racer like you because you stalled out on the starting line, lol. Save your money for college! lol, dude, you dont need a super car for highschool, i mean, whats your competiton? Another mustang? comon, buy a Acura, and then upgrade it as you feel more in control. And dont get to cocky at school, some kid with a sleeper like me will come along and burn you, there's always someone faster....
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

At 17, I was happy to be driving a 79 VW Rabbit - it was cheap and paid for, and it allowed me to go to college.

Are you going to flip burgers to pay for the ride?

Priorities, man.
orlando67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

VOLKSWAGON>>>>>>>
culloden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Here is what I am gonna do when my boys are old enough for a car:

They will come to me and see a great cool car and w/ some huge monthly pmt. I am gonna tell them that IF they can make that pmt for the next 12 months into a bank acct NOT to be touched, then they can have/afford the car. This will achieve a few things:

If nothing else, there will be 12 months of that pmt which will make a great downpmt and lower the monthly pmt.

My son will get a taste ofmaking such a pmt and can "try it on for size". Possibly he will better see the value of a dollar and choose a smaller priced/pmt of a car.

Gear him up for making a regular monthly pmt and see how it works for his budgt.

Good luck!!
felippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Just get a used Civic and quit acting your age. You should feel lucky to even have any car at all. Get a 350Z when you're 28, got a job, and don't drive like an idiot anymore.
daren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I would go with a 2000 Maxima (or that generation). They aren't great on gas, but the VG engine is bulletproof and you won't have many problems with insurance on it. It's a nice looking vehicle and doesn't look/feel cheap.

Just my .02
meturato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The right one is the one you like can afford.
greid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

you cant afford it unless you are rich. you sound rich
bernardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I own a 2004 Maxima talk about power you'll love it, only problem is it doesn't turn well but what car doesn't have its problems . now if you don't mind a two seater then get the 350z. and as for the mustang Fix Or Repair Daily.

by the way i'm 18

If you got money to customize the maxima then you'll love it even more
quigley is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion