Need help with doing a burnout? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Need help with doing a burnout?

ok i am 16 and i have had my car for a year or so well i was going to get it ready for a car show and cruse today but it is no way it's going to be done. but there is a burnout contest the winner wins 500.00 my car is pretty much stock its a 88 mustang with a thunderbird tc motor in it running stock boost but with full 3'' exhaust and 3'' stinger down pipe and a short ram intake with K&N airfilter 240-260hp i am not saying i am going to win or nothing but i want to know some tips o and the car is a 5spd
imported_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

cant really do it on your first try....you gotta know how to control the trottle and what rpm its best to stay at...so practice it a little before even trying...
cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Its easy mate just put the car in second gear, or first, but I prefer second because its spins the tires more and more smoke can be achieved, the push in the clutch and rev the engine to about 3-4 thousand RPM's and then with the heal of your right foot turn it to the left and put it on the break so that your right foot is on the gas and the brake peddle, then release the clutch slowly and the tires will be spinning while your car is sitting still this is called power breaking or burning out, when you have aachievedenough smoke let off the break and floor it and Bam you got one hell of a burnout Enjoy.
arlen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

ok you get it in the box.
put it in 1st gear and youll have to work the brake and gas with the same foot gas it up and slowly let the clutch out when it starts to lug down ease off the brake just enough to let the rear tires start spinning while giving it more gas. once the tires are spinning good let off the brake completly and just use the gas and shift to second if needed
iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

theres many ways ebrake burning out is what i see a lot of people do on some water patch
bitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
bao
Registered Member
Regular

rev it up real high is neutral and then put it in first gear.
bao is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion