1973 Mustang Mach 1 Ram Air? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1973 Mustang Mach 1 Ram Air?

I have an original ram air plenum for my car, correct part numbers, but it is a grey plastic or fiberglass. I have only ever seen pictures of black ones online.
Can anyone tell me what color they are supposed to be. If they are black, why would mine be grey? If it needs to be painted, has anyone ever used the Krylon paint that bonds to plastics?
Please help!
cuarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I would recommend you do more research before you start to paint. You'll need to know the exact color of black, not just any old Krylon can of paint. In your research you may find it's OK.

Sounds like you may have recevied parts that were used for repairs after the car was manufactured. It's not unusual to see repair parts in a different color than factory. If so, you'll need to paint -- the right color of black.

You should really join a Mustang club that has more techical resources for your questions.
corley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

99% of firber glass parts are gray.[ well most some are white.a few black]..paint it..go to library ans get a how to paint book...or eastwood.com....rough it with green pad...wipe with prepsol/alc. prime it.....paint it
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
1973 mustang