'98 Mustang, what is this part/how important is it? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
wu
Registered Member
Regular

'98 Mustang, what is this part/how important is it?

yesterday my window wouldnt roll up on the passenger side (electronic windows), so i took the panel off to investigate. What I found was that there was a metal "arm" in the upper right hand corner of the door with a felt "sleeve" that the window is suppose to slide against. Now this part was some how out of place and instead of the window sliding against the felt, it was blocking the window from coming up. Only one screw attaches this part to the body, so i simply removed it and now the window works just as fine, the thing is i cant figure out how to get the part back into the proper position, so i havent put it back in the car, what I'm wondering is if i really need to put it back at all?
wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

put it back or as time goes on the window will start tilting and jamming. it usually happens at the beginning of a big rainstorm.
merlow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Its the link form the lock/handle to open the door. Its should be in place at all time. The felt is there to protect the glass from scratches. I'm not sure how it works but on my 89 GT there is a clip through the door that holds the lock to the door shin, it might have to be removed to re-attach that bar.
kevyn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

It simply slides into a tab into the window channel i suppose it will be ok without it, there is a possibility the window will come off its track in the full down position
booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion