How can i make my 1987 mustang faster? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How can i make my 1987 mustang faster?

My dad just gave it to me for a starter car its not running at the moment but just need to fix the fuel pump but other thn that its good.

it dosnt have the stock 5.0 in it but im trying to find one i just want some cheap and easy things i can do to make it faster.

If you know some one with a old 1987 mustang that i can scrap parts from plzzz tell me

thanks youu

PLZ help!

Email me at jadegodinez1@yahoo.com
gaven60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

well first get the 5.0L V8 in it first because w/o that theres no point in even trying to make it faster.

heres a list of the things you can do and a guess of what they might cost on a 5.0

1. Cold Air intake System (full)- 180$
2. Aluminum underdrive pulleys- 110$
3. Full exhaust - 500$
4. Aluminum flywheel- 350$
5. Performance Chip- 100$
6. Short Shifter(if your car is stick shift)- 130$
7. Intake manifold- 250$

or you could slap on a supercharger for around 2 grand lol jk

those are some of the cheapest bolt ons you can do but remember YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! my friend has a 5.0 a good brand for these cars is BBK you could also lighten/gut your car to make it as light weight as possible.
hristun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well if ur looking for a motor its not going to be cheap but u have a advantage 5.0 litres are as abundant as 5.7 chevys..And most of the parts are on a 87 are interchangable up 2 a 93. You have the car that started the bolt on rage..so aftermarket parts are plentyfull but its not going to be cheap. You could add 40hp to her for under 1,000 if u had one with the motor..some examples of what to do...K&N filter(not the whole intake) pull that restrictive coilings in the air box out, put redline fluids in all the cases, cat back system HP wires and plugs, MSD ingintion, underdrive pullies, .373 gears..its starts getting expensive when u tear into the motor...heads, injecters porting and polishing camshafts manifold, headers
eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

trade it in for a mopar(dope smoker) there are so many aftermarket parts for a mustang.look on ebay for cheap parts .you could always put a better tb/cam/headers/every little thing you will add a little horse power.they came stock with 5.0L EFI V-8 225hp (HO) 0-60 mph: 6.7 sec Quarter Mile: 15.3 sec .
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Trade it in on a Mopar....
Devyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
1987 mustang