Why would anybody buy a Dodge right now? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Why would anybody buy a Dodge right now?

I'd say that apart from the Journey, they are all simply horrible. Don't talk about the Ram, pickup trucks don't need the refinement or the quality of another car. In other words: Dodge's specialty!

I rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee with that horrible 3.7L V6 and this is the base engine on most Dodge's.

The Avenger: is pretty much the worst sedan on the market. Why would people buy one over the Mazda 6, VW Jetta, etc.

The Caliber: I'm not exactly sure what it is, but why buy it over a Golf? It's made worse, won't last as long, and has less space in it.

Nitro: What exactly is the point of this car? As if the Liberty wasn't horrible enough, we needed an uglier, less capable version?

Charger: Who wakes up one morning and says, "I want a car with the worst suspension system this side of a Mustang! And, put up to 425 bhp in this unstable car while you are at it!" I know it was based on an old Merc, but you would never know by driving it...

Challenger: I understand why you would buy this one... for now. The only other choice is the Mustang, and that (although it looks good) is a horrible car. The Challenger is a small step above it. But you people realize the Camaro is coming out soon right? Unlike the Challenger and the Mustang, it looks like a muscle car, but has none of the drawbacks. It has a suspension system similar to that of Ferrari's and Lotus's. Double-Wishbone's on every wheel, and it was tuned on the Nurburgring. On top of that, it gets over 300 bhp from its base V6 while the Challenger gets just a small amount more from its middle V8! Why not wait for the Camaro?

Durango: Right now, the Nissan Armada and the Toyota Sequoia are light years ahead. I know they are slightly more expensive, but they are worth the extra money. My friend's family had a Durango and it only lasted them 6 years before the engine went! 6 YEARS!!!!! And then, like the idiots they were, they bought another one?

Grand Caravan: Probably the only other sensible Dodge, although what's the point of having it as an exact twin to the Town and Country? There are no differences!

OK, thanks, please answer!

Sorry if I was ranting, but this question has been on my mind for a while now as I see a lot of them here in New Jersey/New York, and I have test driven them, and look at them every year at the New York International Auto Show, and it perplexes me every time, so don't think I'm not speaking from experience!

Thanks!
twrgadarn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

If you are a savvy individual and make good use of the internet I fail to see why some folks purchase vehicles from this manufacture.

Look around, read a few reviews and so on. I have not ever owned a domestic product and fail to see any reason to do so in the future.
cheng-gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'll never buy another dodge , I've replaced everything once and somethings too many times.
greid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 02:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Totally agree with your thoughts.
But i would still buy the dodge VIPER

YES PLEASE
fitzsimons85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

well i have a 02 durango slt+ thts patriot blue with a silver trim and its runs perfect and i have never at all had a problem with it and it has about 63,000 miles on it
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

one reason people are buying right now is price and the incentives Chrysler is offering if you buy a new one is better than its ever been to buy a new car,i have owned and drove Chrysler products for around 40 years now and will continue to do so,even though i know they will give problems, the cost to maintain and repair them is still cheaper than owning other brands of cars,sure Chrysler products have problems ,but so do many other car makers,their just not spoken of that much on this forum, but look under Chevy or Fords and three's just as many questions asked on those as Chrysler products,i still own 6 dodges and will probably be buying another new one some time this year,good luck.
varney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I can't believe you took the time to type all that drivel.
A Jetta?
Someday when your old enough to get a drivers license, and your grandma loans you some money, try driving some of the cars you bad mouth. Just because the camaro smoked you on your X-box game, dosent mean its a superior car!
Besides,usually its not the machine, its the driver!
I've smoked many "sports cars" with lifted dodge pickups/ramchargers with mud tires.
Anyway.......~Dan
bitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The same person who has owned Dodges or their products for years and love them, same as for any other manufacturers fans. You either love em or hate em, the same question was and could be asked of people who buy any brand, especially any of the import brands in today's world.
beverleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:39 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

stop whining.all cars and trucks have there ups and downs.You keep your crappy foreign and chevy crap to yourself and let the DODGE lovers be.I'm not to happy about a 4 door Charger but a mopar is a mopar
donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:13 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I would agree with some of what you are saying but apprently you haven't had an oportunity to drive a charger srt-8 with the 425hp & put it to the test because if you had you would be eating your words. I personally got to drive all the srt vehicles on the bonderaunt coarse here in arizona & can tell you that it is quite impressive how well those cars did on the track & braking, oh my my gosh amazing, & if you turn off the traction control you can easy drift those charger around corners frying the tires off but with the traction control on you can really hang some curves, str crossfire was the best, it lacked power obviously on the viper but took curves way better than the viper like it was on rails, corners where the viper would get loose the crossfire stuck at higher speeds.
tobias is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion