Im thinking of fixing or selling cars for a living? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Im thinking of fixing or selling cars for a living?

ever since i was my dad and i were looking for my first car in the price range of 1000-3000$. ive grown to love dodge cars ford mustangs and anything else when i see a car in a car lot i always look for the blue book and such ive also been thinking of being a part time car dealer. i know the market for car's is no where near where it used to be which is why i was leaning the the direction of fixing them. but im wondering do i go to trade school or collage to learn the basics of fixing cars? also add what you think i should do about the car sells men idea
garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Im thinking of fixing or selling cars for a living?

Once upon a time a guy with a box of tools he could carry in one hand could fix a car under the nearest shade tree.

In this day and age the cars have grown so complicated that it takes several thousands of dollars in equipment and a multi-year training course to be able to properly fix a car.

So, if you want to fix cars for a living you should go to a trade school. Ask the service managers of some of the local new car dealerships to recommend schools to you.

As far as selling cars is concerned new car sales are way down and a lot of dealers have gone, are going, and will be going out of business. On the other hand the used car business is good since people still need cars, but can't afford new ones.

I think you have to decide which career path you would like better; fixing cars or selling cars. Whichever one appeals to you the most is the one you should pursue. If you work at it either course can lead to a comfortable living.

Good luck
Jerry-the-bookkeeper
templeton is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion