Mustang convertible leak? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang convertible leak?

My mom has a 2000 mustang v6 convertible and right at the top of the passenger front window where it meets the rear window,when it rains it leaks bad.The rear floor has water standing in it at times.Also when i shut my passenger door the window covers a small part of the convertible top.I dont want my floor to rust out and i am tired of the mold smell.I think the top frame is bent from a previous accident in 03.My mom purchased the car in 2007 with 25k miles and it did it then.It sat in an impound or police lot for the almost 4 years.
Barnhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
gil
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks, sounds like whoever fixed it did not do a very good job. Take it to a body shop and have it put on the frame, check and see if it's bent, It does not take much to bend the convertibles as the don't have as much metal in them. Mine was rear ended after leaving a stop sign, both cars, I turned right after the light and the guy that got me got my left side rear bumper. When I got out and look I though it had just scratched the bumper cover and piss me off. Got it home and the impact had dimpeled the rear quarter panel over the rear wheel.
gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

More then likely the window stop on that side can be raised enough to let the window overlap the gasket and complete the seal. This requires removing the door panel to get to it. There maybe a need for two special tools (one for the door panel and one for the door handles).
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

the seal on the top is leaking by replace the rubber and have a autobody guy look at the top to make sure it is not warped sorry wrote this when i am half awake but you get the idea
ann15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion