My car will not start whats wrong? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

My car will not start whats wrong?

I have a GT mustang Manual. I was driving home the other day and when I pulled in and parked the car it died on me. I tried to start the car and nothing happened. I couldnt lock the doors, put the top up, roll up the windows or anything. It was dead. I sat there for two hours and tried again. The car turned on and I was able to roll up the windows and such than after turning my car off again I wasn't able to turn it back on. Since than turning the key does nothing to my car. It wont start or show any lights when I turn the key. However, the locks do work again. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
wakiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

sounds like u have a bad connection to the post on the battery.take to autozone.and let them test it,if u can get it to start,if not take a voltmeter if u have one and check the battery that way.a normal battery without the egine running should be around 12.5 volts.when the engine is running,it should be charged up to around between 13.5 or 13.7.and it wouldnt hurt to replace the post connectors on the battery too.hope this helps.
trenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

your battery probably doesn't have that much charge go take it to auto zone and have them test it and your alternator is bad
Kilian is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion