Why would insurance be so high on sports cars for new drivers if its only a mustang GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Why would insurance be so high on sports cars for new drivers if its only a mustang GT?

I could understand a ferari maybe because its really fast and stuff and your more vulnerable to accidents.

But why so much for a sports car like a mustang? They arent that fast unless you beef then up with different performance parts.
ayawamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #2

Why would insurance be so high on sports cars for new drivers if its only a mustang GT?

The rate is based solely on statistics. Mustang GTs have a lot of claims paid on them, therefore the rate is high. The rate is high on that vehicle even if you are over 30. It is an expensive car to insure, that is that. Add to it your age & inexperience & I bet your rate is over $6000 per year. I know for a fact that a Corvette is less to insure than a Mustang. This is because the insurance companies pay out less claims on Corvettes. Probably because they are much more expensive, most people who drive them are much older and take really good care of them.
Faing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

because car insurance is the biggest joke in america dude. I have a Nissan 240sx its a 4 cylinder, and I love it but I pay $2000 per year for insurance because it is a "sports coupe". A mustang GT has a V8, and stats show that kids who play with V8's in their first cars are likely to kill someone.
josilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Because you're adding high risk to high risk - multiplies it.

Basically, the same reason you'd rather drive that Mustang than a Dodge Caravan. It's a faster, cooler car, that you can show off to your friends.
derrold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

(a) GT stands for sport model .. (b) new driver stands for very little driving experance.. a+b= crash = claim in most cases. there just playing the odds..and there against you or a young NEW driver in a sports model car...
kevyn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ins. cost is based on many factors....
Age and statistics
Crime ratings of your area
Cost of repair for you vehicle
Saftey factors of your vehicle
Use of your vehicle
Medical coverage for passengers,pedestrians
Property damages
azuriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

hell if my civic costs me an arm and a leg im sure a mustang is a lot worse =/ such a rip off.
raedford is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion